PUBG Update To Introduce Ping Based Matchmaking
The PUBG development and community team has posted the PUBG PC 1.0 Update #6 patch notes on their Steam community page.
The introduction of ping based matchmaking is also mentioned as well as how the focus on anti-cheat measures has pushed back many of their plans to further improve the game.
The following are the changes to be introduced in update #6.
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.Gameplay
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screenReplays
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay fileBug Fixes
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting downMisc.
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat